Today we shall learn how to make a wh- questions. you all know it is a new item. So let's start.
Please remember we have 9 wh- words that we use to make any questions.
1. How - we use it to know about the process of any work or amount/number of anything : Such as :
(a) How old are you ? Here we have used how to know about the number of age.
(b) How will you go ? Here we have used how to know about the process of the verb ' go "
2. When -- we use when in any question to know about the time of any action. such as :
(a) When did he play ? Here we use when to know the time of his playing.
3. What -- we use it to know that about the specific things . such as ;
(a) What is your name ? Here we use what to know his name.
4. Why -- We use it to know the reason of any action. Such as :
(a) Why do you play football ? Here we have used it to know the reason of your playing.
5. Whose -- We use it to know the owner of anything. Such as :
(a) Whose pen is this ? Here we have used it to know the owner of this pen.
6. Whom -- We use it to know about the person that subject of the sentence and the verb related to.
(a) Whom do you like ? Here we have used it to know about the person that you like.
7. Where -- We use it to know the place of the action. Such as :
(a) Where will you go ? Here we have used it to know the name of the place that you will go.
8. Which -- we use it to know about the definite things among others. Such as :
(a) Which pen is yours ? Here we have used it to know about the definite pen that yours.
9. Who -- We use it to know the name of the person that is related to any action. Such as :
(a) Who is playing ? Here we have used it to know the name of the man that playing.
Now make a wh- question based on under line words.
1. Saikat lives with his parents.
2. He is a fire-fighter.
3. He went to school.
4. The man missed the train for his delay.
5. He will come tomorrow.
Ans : 1. Whom does Saikat live with ? or, With whom does Saikat live ?
2. Who is he ?
3. Where did he go ?
4. Why did the man miss the train ?
5. When will he come ?
Discussion about the answers.
For answer 1. In present Indefinite Tense we have to use do/does after the wh-word. Mind it if the subject is 3rd person and singular number then we have to use does and for others do. When we use do/does then the principal verb must in present form.
For ans 2. We have used Who to know about the man that is fire-fighter. Here in that sentence we need not do/does because here auxiliary verb ' is ' is present.
For ans 3. Here We have used Where to know the place of his going. In that sentence is of Past Indefinite Tense. so we have to use did just after Wh- word. and then principal verb must be in present form.
For ans 4. Here we have used Why to know the reason of his missing the train. We have also used did after the wh-word because it is the sentence of Past Indefinite.
For ans 5. Here we have used when to make question because we want to know the time of his coming. Here do/does/did is not necessary because here auxiliary verb " will ' is present.
Students Now practice again.
1. That is my pen.
2. He visited there by bus
3. Rita lives in a village.
4. Mr. Ahmad is teaching in the class.
5. I came here yesterday.
just follow this blog ans and discussion will give next day.
My Best Friend I have many friends but Ankur is my best friend. He studies in my class. We go to school together. We also sit together t...
Now make a wh- question based on under line words. 1. Saikat lives with his parents. 2. He is a fire-fighter. 3. He went to school...
Hi , students of Class 6 to 10 follow my blog regularly if you want to learn English grammar easily. Wait just 24 hours ------
Ans : 1. Whom does Saikat live with ? or, With whom does Saikat live ? 2. Who is he ? 3. Where did he go ? ...